Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Singing Karaoke In a Bar


This is definitely a cliche of me, but who hasn't wanted to dare themselves into singing karaoke in a bar. I never thought I'd be singing in a bar in Coconut Grove, Florida, but some things you just have to take as they come. I've always wanted to push myself to do this, primarily because it is SO far out of my comfort zone (if you have heard me try and sing you understand where I'm coming from). It actually turned out to be a ton of fun.

I was with my friends Olivia, Zeke, Jarrod, Dave, and John and we were celebrating Jarrod's 19th birthday at a bar in The Grove called Mr. Moe's. I love this bar because it has a cabin feel to it (wooden walls and floor, mechanical bull, huge bar) which, in my opinion, is the only kind of bar worth going to. While I didn't ride the mechanical bull, which is also on my list, I did let Olivia talk me into singing two karaoke songs.

We sang "I Kissed a Girl" by Katy Perry (which really got one lady in the crowd going) and then "Don't You Worry Child" by Swedish House Mafia (our song). It was actually an insane amount of fun even though getting up there was nerve racking. Unfortunately I don't have a video or a picture of it so you guys will just have to take my word and this picture (which Liv and I took that night) as proof ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment