Saturday, March 16, 2013

Make a Rave Bra

   This is one of those things that everyone who loves to rave and dance and go to EDM festivals loves to do. Rave bras are awesome because not only does anything go, but you can do just about anything to them. It's one of the only places other than the beach where a bra is normal and acceptable attire. You can also sell these things for hundreds of dollars on sites like Etsy but making them is much cheaper and more fun.

My theme was Alice in Wonderland (obviously you got that from the picture). I was in Target with Olivia and Dave stocking up on food and I saw these dirt cheap bras and I was like, yes, now is the time. So I bought a black one and a white one and then hit Michaels (which is conveniently located next to the local Target). This bra took me HOURS to make but it is amazing. One of those moments when I'm thrilled I'm busty because I have so much room to work with. There are teacups, flowers, masks, sparkling cats, Alice's dress made of ribbon, the rabbit, and the flowers around the outside spell out "We Are All Mad Here". I made half the bra Alice and the Rabbit and the other half the Cheshire Cat and the Queen of Hearts. I don't know when I'll wear this yet but this summer it will definitely be making an appearance!

No comments:

Post a Comment