Saturday, March 16, 2013

Get Another Tattoo


 In the middle of winter
I discovered within myself
an invincible summer.

I'm definitely a tattoo girl. I just love them. As an art form, on me, on other people, color, black and white, pictures, words, you name it. Anything done tastefully or for a good laugh I can appreciate. I got my first tattoo as a birthday present when I turned 18 (they're music notes behind my left right ear) and I got this one last Friday at Grove Ink in Coconut Grove.

I actually wanted a tattoo on my back that said "you can't wrap your arms around a memory" but I ended up going with this one instead because 1. I love the french language and that it's something not everyone can read but I can, 2. I LOVE the quote, I think it's important to be able to find happiness and strength within yourself before relying on others, and 3. it felt more personal. I still might get the other but it would obviously have to go somewhere else.

I went with Sarah, who was visiting me, and Olivia, who also got a tattoo on her wrist of 3 nordic runes. I got two of them on my wrist as well. One symbolizes passion, ambition, and the will to overcome challenges and the other means clarity of vision and optimism. I'm absolute in love with both of them. So my tattoo count is now at 3 and counting ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment