Sunday, March 17, 2013

Get Cool Face-paint at a Festival

I love face-paint. It's one of those things that I always used to do as a little kid when I went to parties or carnivals, but not something most kids my age tend to do. Even in this particular place, my sister and I were the oldest people getting our faces painted who weren't getting something patriotic on their face.

We went to Calle Ocho, the biggest latin festival in the entire US, when my sister came to visit and it was really cool. An entire street was blocked off for miles and there were food venders and people selling jewelry, clothing, flags - you name it, they had it. We were some of the only white people there but it was still really fun. There was live music going at almost every corner. It was just a giant latin party.

We saw the face painter when we first walked in and I persuaded Sarah to do it with me, Olivia wasn't about to be convinced. Sarah asked for a green mask and I asked the girl to surprise me and I ended up looking like a sunset. The best part was going to the movies after Calle Ocho, forgetting I had it on, and wondering why everyone was staring at my face :*

No comments:

Post a Comment