Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Visit Cinque Terre


I'm about to spam this blog with everything I checked off when I went to Italy and London with Tanya. First was Cinque Terre. I've been dying to go to Cinque Terre ever since I saw pictures of the five little colorful Italian villages on Pinterest earlier this year. This was the first day I spent in Italy and it was a long one (albeit a very good one too).

Tanya and I took a train from Florence to Cinque Terre and when we got to Cinque Terre it was a little cloudy but not so bad so we figured that, after we ate, we'd do the nice walkway in between the villages that Tanya had done before. So we went to the furtherest village and had The Best Thing I've Ever Eaten (post on that to come) and then set out on our walk. As you can see in the picture below, we had on skirts and dresses and were in general pretty ready for pictures and a nice stroll.

Ha. ha. ha.

After 3 hours of hiking through a forest in the rain in flip flops, skirts, and swimsuits, we finally made it to the next village. Needless to say, we got quite a few "where do these girls think they're going" looks, and a couple "ugh Americans" looks when they heard us speak, from our fellow hikers that were actually dressed in hiking gear and proper footwear. But it was a fun mishap, we definitely got our exercise in for the day, and we destroyed all the good it did us immediately by eating a pizza in that there town. 

Perfect Day!


No comments:

Post a Comment